Sunday, June 17 2012~Resources for Sunday Mass (Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the Rite)
Posted by Dim Bulb on June 13, 2012
Sorry, this post will probably not be updated again until Friday evening.
ELEVENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
READINGS AND OFFICE:
- Mass Readings From the NAB. Used in the United States.
- Mass Readings From the NJB. Used in most other English speaking countries. Scroll down slightly. For some strange reason the Gospel text appears before the second reading text.
- Today’s Divine Office. Site hosted by publisher of the official text.
GENERAL RESOURCES: Commentaries on the readings in general.
- UPDATE: Now Seeds, START GROWING. Catholic biblical scholar, Dr. John Bergsma looks at the readings and the responsorial.
- UPDATE: Sacerdos. Looks at the themes of the reading, the doctrinal message and gives pastoral application.
- UPDATE: Lector Notes. Gives historical and theological background. Can be copied, printed and used as a bulletin insert.
- UPDATE: Word Sunday. Notes on the readings, podcast, children’s reading, etc.
COMMENTARIES ON THE FIRST READING: Ezekiel 17:22-24.
COMMENTARIES ON THE RESPONSORIAL: Ps 92:2-3, 13-14, 15-16.
- Psalm 92 and the Catholic Encyclopedia. Greek, English, Latin text of the psalm hyperlinked with the C E.
- Pending (maybe): My Notes on Psalm 92.
COMMENTARIES ON THE SECOND READING: 2 Corinthians 5:6-10.
COMMENTARIES ON THE GOSPEL READING: Mark 4:26-34.
THIRD SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
OFFICE AND READINGS:
- Roman Missal. Latin & English, Be sure correct date is set.
- Roman Breviary. Latin & English. Be sure correct date is set.
COMMENTARIES ON THE EPISTLE: 1 Peter 5:6-11.
- Notes on 1 Peter 5:6-11. Previously posted for another occasion. This post is actually on verses 5-14.
- UPDATE: Navarre Bible Commentary on 1 Peter 5:6-11. Actually on verses 5-14.
COMMENTARIES ON THE GOSPEL: Luke 15:1-10.
- Father Leopold Fonck’s Commentary on the Parable of the Lost Sheep (Luke 15:4-7). Previously posted.
- Father Fonck’s Commentary on the Parable of the Lost Coin (Luke 15:8-10). Previously Posted.
HOMILIES, HOMILY NOTES & OUTLINES:
- Homily Notes on 1 Peter 5:6. On Humility. Can be used for sermons preparation, meditation points, or points to further study.
- Homily Notes on Luke 15:4. On the Human Soul. Can be used for sermon preparation, meditation points, or points to further study.
- Homiletic Sketch on 1 Peter 5:6-11. St Peter exhorts us to diverse virtues.
- Homiletic Sketch on Luke 15:1-10. On the Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Lost groat (i.e., coin).
- Dogmatic Sketch on the Gospel. On the mercy of God.
- Liturgical Sketch on the Gospel. The Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Symbolical Sketch on the Gospel. The Church, the Good Shepherd’s Home for Sinners.
- Moral Sketch on the Gospel. On delaying repentance.
- Another Moral Sketch on the Gospel. Our conducts towards sinners.