UPDATED Sunday, July 1 2012~Resources For Sunday Mass (Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms)
Posted by Dim Bulb on June 26, 2012
UPDATE (1): Commentaries on the readings used in both Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the Roman Rite are now listed below. A few more commentaries may be added later tonight (Wednesday), and other resources during the remainder of the week.
THIRTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
READINGS AND OFFICE:
- Readings from the NAB. Used in the USA.
- Readings From the NJB. Used in most English speaking countries.
COMMENTARIES ON THE FIRST READING: Wisdom 1:13-15; 2:23-24.
- Update: My Notes on Wisdom 1:13-15; 2:23-24.
COMMENTARIES ON THE RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13. Unless noted otherwise commentaries on the entire psalm.
- St Thomas Aquinas’ Lecture on Psalm 30. Latin & English.
- Psalm 30 and the Catholic Encyclopedia. Greek, English and Latin text hyperlinked with the C E.
COMMENTARIES ON THE SECOND READING: 2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15.
- St Thomas Aquinas’ Lectures on 2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15. Read the first two lectures on chapter 8.
COMMENTARIES ON THE GOSPEL: Mark 5:21-43.
UPDATE: GENERAL RESOURCES: Blog posts, podcasts, etc., on the readings as a whole.
- God, Death, and Life. Catholic biblical scholar, Dr. John Bergsma, looks at the readings.
- Sacerdos. Highlights theme of the readings, doctrinal message, suggested pastoral application.
- Word Sunday. Notes on the readings, podcast, children’s reading, etc.
- Lector Notes. Historical and theological background on the readings. Print out and use as a bulletin insert.
Pretiosissimi Sanguinis Domini Nostri Jesu Christi ~ I. classis
Commemoratio: Dominica V Post Pentecosten
MISSAL AND BREVIARY:
COMMENTARIES ON THE LESSON: Hebrews 9:11-15.
COMMENTARIES ON THE GOSPEL: John 19:30-35.
- Aquinas’ Catena Aurea on John 19:30-35. On 28-37.
- Navarre Bible Commentary on John 19:30-35. On 31-37.
- My Notes on John 19:30-35. On 28-37.
More Resources Pending During The Week.