Commentaries for the Third Week of Easter
Posted by Dim Bulb on May 3, 2014
THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER
Note: we are in Year C.
MONDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
TUESDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
Aquinas’ Lectures on John 6:30-35. Scroll down and read lectures 3 & 4.
- Video: Body Building and Temple Building. Catholic biblical scholar Dr. John Bergsma on Ephesians 2 and the Church as body of Christ and Temple.
- Video~Living in the Newness of Life: Paul’s Understanding of the Moral Life. By Father Frank Matera.
- Video~Christ Appeals to the Resurrection in Four Parts: Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4. This lecture is presented by Catholic biblical scholar Dr. Mary Healy, one of the primary editors of a new series of books CATHOLIC COMMENTARY ON SACRED SCRIPTURE (see here).
- Scriptural Foundation for Priest as Beloved Son. By Dr. Peter Williamson, one of the primary editors of a new series of books CATHOLIC COMMENTARY ON SACRED SCRIPTURE (see here)
WEDNESDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
Note: in 2017 this day falls on May 3, the Feast of Saints Philip and James, Apostles. The first link is to commentaries for that feast. The remaining links are for the normal Easter weekday.
Today’s Mass Readings. Normal readings.
Aquinas’ Lecture on John 6:35-40. Scroll down and read lecture 4 on verses 32-40.
St Augustine’s Tractate 25 on John 6:35-40. Read paragraph 14.
- Video~Religionlesss Christianity: Do I need the Church if I’m “Spiritual”? From Catholic biblical scholar Dr. Tim Gray.
THURSDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
Father McIntyre’s Commentary on John 6:44-51. On 41-51.
- Video~Getting to Know the Bible. Catholic biblical scholar Dr. John Bergsma joins Scott Hahn and Regis Martin to discuss his book Bible Basics For Catholics.
- Video~The Theology of Pope Benedict. Theologians discuss the theological development of Joseph Ratzinger.
- Video~Reflections on the Holy Spirit. By Dr. Alan Schrek. I may re-post this closer to Pentecost.
FRIDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
St Augustine’s Commentary on John 6:52-59. Posted for a different occasion, begins with vs. 51.
Aquinas’s Lectures on John 6:52-59. Scroll down and read lectures 6 & 7.
- Video~The Mass as Marriage Supper:Square Brides and Sheepish Grooms. Catholic biblical scholar Dr. John Bergsma.
- Video~How To get Through the Bible in One Hour. By Catholic biblical scholr Dr. John Bergsma.
SATURDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
Pending: Father Callan’s Commentary on Acts 9:31-42.
FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
Note: we are in Year C.
Next Week’s Posts.